The editors of the Trends and Issues in Social Studies, a peer-reviewed electronic journal, are seeking submissions for the Back to School issue that will be published at the end of the summer.
The mission of Trends and Issues in Social Studies is to serve as a forum for a diverse group of educational stakeholders, scholars, teacher candidates, practitioners (PK-12), and others, who seek to engage around social studies education and preparation in PK-12 classrooms. We welcome submissions related, but not limited, to policy, research, practice, theory, and current events about and for social studies such as:
- Classroom teaching and learning
- Critical pedagogy in social studies
- Democratic citizenship education and/or civic education
- Effective and authentic pedagogical practices across each of the social science content areas
- Effective social studies pedagogies and curriculum for all levels
- Impact of standardization on social studies
- Inclusive and diverse social studies
- Innovative curriculum
- Integration of social studies with other academic disciplines
- Issues of democracy, citizenship, and religion
- Social studies for social transformation (e.g., anti-colonialism, issues of representation)
- Social studies teacher education
- Teacher education
- Teaching social studies for social justice
- Teaching with primary sources
- Testing and policy
Guidelines for submissions.
All manuscripts to be considered for review should be submitted through Manuscript Manager.
Submissions due by: April 21, 2023
Reviews returned: June 1, 2023
Author revisions submitted: July 1, 2023
Publication: August 2023
If you have any questions, please reach out to the editors, Alex Butler at firstname.lastname@example.org or Scott Waring at email@example.com.
Bowling Green State University